Full Time - Spray Operator - CURRENT VACANCY
In preparation for another busy seeding season, we're looking for a full time, dedicated farmer with experience in spray operation.
As Longtrail Farms Spray Operator, you must be available to work days, nights and weekends across our broadacre and horticulture operations. Your hours of work will be determined by the appropriate spraying conditions. Prior experience driving self-propelled sprayers and batching with safe chemical handling is essential. Critical to this role is also the ability to operate John Deere GPS and Precision Ag equipment and you will be expected to keep meticulous records and be sufficient in chemical stocktake and control.
At Longtrail Farms we're committed to best practice farming and supporting our team of approximately 18 staff. Located in Parilla, the business is a well-established 7,000 ha enterprise of grain, hay and legumes, potatoes under centre pivot irrigation and an intensive livestock operation.
What our staff say about working at Longtrail:
'The variety of work on farm across cropping and potatoes keeps things interesting and means I learn new skills'
'We get to farm with up to date equipment and machinery'
'Managers are experienced and trust us to do the job asked without being micromanaged'
'Everyone gets along and helps each other out. It's nice to get together for birthdays and the ad-hoc knock off to trade stories of the week'.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience driving and operating farm machines including sprayers, tractors, trucks and harvesters
- Previous experience spraying and fertiliser spreading
- Chemical handling and record keeping
- Knowledge of livestock handling and fencing
- Previous exposure to machinery systems including GPS Software
- HC/MC license, forklift license, telehandler license and first aid certificate is an advantage but not essential.
Attributes that are essential for working at Longtrail Farms:
- Mechanical aptitude and practically minded
- Strong communication skills with a team-oriented approach
- Best practice safety orientation
- A diligent approach to work which includes a can-do attitude
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, in particular during harvest which can involve working through the night
- Strong hygiene standards
- Flexibility and adaptability to remain positive when priorities change
Short-term accommodation is available in the town for immediate start, long-term accommodation can be arranged and worked in with a full-time package if applicable.